Tune in Tuesday is a weekly music feature originally hosted by the fabulous Ginger at GReads. However, for the time being, Katelyn of Kate's Tales of Books and Bands will be hosting. As some of you may know, I am ridiculously addicted to music. One of my favorite things to do is share the music I enjoy. Each week we'll be posting some of our favorites to spread the love of music. So link up and join the fun!
I have officially reached 100 Tune in Tuesday posts! I had another regular-ish post planned, but when I realized it was indeed the 100th post, I thought it might be fun to do something a little different. I am so glad to have been part of this awesome music feature for this long! For this special post, I thought it might be fun to go back through some of my favorite posts. Some of them are favorites for the most random of reasons, some because I simply can't get enough of the song(s) or because the videos were awesome or because I was so excited to share them with you guys I couldn't wait or because the comments made me giggle! So, without further ado, here are ten of my favorite Tune in Tuesday posts that I've been lucky enough to share with you wonderful people (in order of when they were posted)!
Be sure to click on the post numbers to see the original post. And thanks for indulging me a smidge... I know this is going to be kind of long. I lobe you guys!
Mel's Top 10 Favorites: The First 100
1. Post 5: The Rescues - I had contemplated starting with my first ever post, but really, it didn't show much of my personality considering it was a special themed one. But THIS song is fantastic AND the video is one of my favorites. This was a case where I had envisioned a video for this and it was so close to what I had in my mind. Awesome!
2. Post 8: Soundtrack Edition - In this special edition, I shared one of my favorite soundtracks, Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging. This soundtrack is so amazing that I picked like five songs from it to share... and I've shared more since this, too! Be sure to click the link to hear the rest of the songs I shared, besides the awesome movie-specific track below. AND be sure to listen to the soundtrack in its entirety, because it's amazing.
3. Post 14: Katie Herzig - This song is one of my all-time favorites! It's quirky and fun and catchy and simply fantastic. I love the video, too! It's always I song I keep going back to and I find myself wanting to share it with you guys over and over again.
4. Post 21: Greg Laswell - Another one of my all-time favorite songs. I might use that phrase a lot, but there is always room for more favorites! I shared this on a day that I needed a smile and boy did it work! I used to listen to this song every day when I woke up. It's seriously a great one to get you ready for what awaits you. Plus, the video is awesome. Simply awesome.
5. Post 27: Acres of Lions - This is one of the best songs/videos ever, I kid you not. It's so adorable! I love adorable. It was also a radio find from my favorite station ever! What station is it, you guys? I know you know it... and you're probably annoyed by how often I mention it, but still. It's the best. THE BEST!
6. Post 34: Hey Ocean! - Yet another adorable song with an adorable video. I think I have a thing for Canadian bands. Oh my goodness, though! They're so good! Also, this song was on a road trip mix that got heaps and heaps of plays.
7. Posts 47 and 95: Birthday Editions! - I had so much fun making these posts to celebrate my birthday. The first one was all about songs that were very "me." The second one, on the other hand, was all about how I was celebrating my birthday this year with an acoustic concert of one of my favorite bands! I had so much fun traveling with my sister to see Anberlin (and their amazing opening acts, including Campfire OK, which I featured the following week) rock out acoustic style! Good times. (Psst... this is another one that's better benefited by clicking the post number link thingies. I really hope that's making sense, by the way. Ahem.)
8. Post 80: Zee Avi - Zee Avi was totally my go-to girl for summer music. I don't exactly know why, but I listened to her A LOT this summer. These two songs, in particular, were in heavy rotation. Then when I was looking for videos to share with you guys, I found this adorable short film-ish thing made to one of the songs (which is also my favorite)! This made me incredibly happy.
9. Post 94: Summertime Edition -Not only did I get to share the Beach Boys during this special edition, but I got to share some of my most favorite summer songs, too! Click on the link to the left for more of my favorite summer tunes!
10. Pretty much all last months posts, especially 97, 98 and 99 - In all honesty, it's mostly due to the fact that they're my favorites at this very second. I've listened to both groups I have no idea how many times in the past couple months, so of course they'd make the list too. Since I shared the Birthday and Campfire Ok links already, here are the other three bands I shared. By the way, I've been so much in love with these guys, some I shared more than one song! So click on the links, yo. Ohhh yeah... I totally just said yo.
Whew! That was difficult! I cheated a little on some of these, too! Then again, I made the rules, so why the heck not cheat?! Well, I hope you had as much fun looking back as I did. As always...